Digital Maker Lab Operational Manager: Millbrook
Part-time, $20/hr position, averaging 10-12 hrs/wk.
Digital Mi’kmaq are looking for an Operational Manager for Millbrook’s Digital Maker Lab.
The Digital Maker Labs are equipped with tools and technology that make learning about science, engineering
and other creative fields, fun and exciting.The Maker Labs will host hands-on workshops on
other STEAM subjects, including, animation, film making, robotics and artificial intelligence.
You will use your community building skills to develop a hub of creativity and learning, for children and
youth in your community.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Participating in training sessions for the room’s management
• Supporting Digital Mi’kmaq’s Communications & Outreach team to promote events and workshops
• Ensuring students have great learning experiences
• Ensuring that all the Maker Lab resources are ready for educators who will come in to deliver programs
• Maintaining records on the resources in the room
• Be the Maker Lab’s main point of contact in the community and champion STEAM education
• You will complete a criminal check prior to being hired
• You are confident using technology and enjoy sharing that interest & knowledge with others
• You care deeply about delivering excellence to Mi’kmaq children and youth
• You enjoy working with youth and have participated in youth-focused programming
• You get along well with others and have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• You are a problem solver who will be willing to troubleshoot any technical complications
• You have strong organizational skills
• You are respectful, culturally aware, honest and reliable
• You have a G Class Drivers License and your own vehicle (preferred)
If you are interested in joining the Digital Mi’kmaq team, please contact us at